Eviction Paralegal in Sacramento and Surrounding Counties, CA

If you own an apartment complex or a rental property, you have a lot of responsibilities like maintaining the property and repairing any emergencies that may arise. You also have to collect rent and other payments from your tenants. However, if your tenants are not paying their rent or are not abiding by the conditions in the rental agreement, you have grounds to evict them.

However, this can be a difficult process if you are not familiar with the legality of eviction. If you need an eviction attorney or paralegal in Sacramento, CA, reach out to the Legal Document Assistants (LDA). We can help you acquire and file the necessary documentation for the eviction process.

To speak with an eviction paralegal or attorney in Sacramento, CA, today, give us a call at (916) 620-2446 or fill out our online contact form. We will be happy to answer any questions you may have about the eviction process and how an attorney can help you.

Eviction Eviction



BBB A+ Rating

Hire Registered Legal Document Assistants, To Assist You With All Your Legal Document Needs.


Eviction Notice

Start Easily Online. LDA PRO Prepares and Serves the Notice. Proper Notice and Service of Process is the Most Critical Part of the Eviction Complaint. Rely on Professionals.

Unlawful Detainer

Start Easily Online. Our Team Of Registered Unlawful Detainer Assistants and Cooperating Eviction Attorneys, Have Years Of Experience Evicting Tenants Fast.

Eviction Process

Start Easily Online. Eviction Notice and Unlawful Detainer Court Forms Are Prepared For E-signature And E-filing. We Keep You Informed Every Step Of The Way!


Steps 1 – 3

  • 1. Complete the intake form online and submit payment.
  • 2. We prepare the eviction notice and email it to you for e-signature.
  • 3. Once the notice expires, you can proceed with filing the Unlawful Detainer.


STEP 4 - 10


  • 4. Complete intake form, to proceed with the Unlawful Detainer.
  • 5. We prepare the unlawful detainer forms for e-signature.
  • 6. We file the unlawful detainer with the court and serve the Defendant (s).
  • 7. Once the Defendants are served we inform you exactly how many days they have to Respond.
  • 8. If the Defendant doesn’t Respond, we request for Entry of Default Judgement.
  • 9. If the Defendant Responds, we Request to Set for Trial.
  • 10. We deliver the writ to the Sheriff’s Department and schedule the lockout.

Eviction Notice

  • We Prepare And Serve.
  • 3 Day Notice to Pay Rent Or Quit
  • 15 Day Notice to Pay Rent Or Quit
  • 30 Day Notice To Vacate
  • 60 Day Notice To Vacate
  • 3 Day Notice To Perform Covenant Or Quit
  • 3 Day Notice To Quit


Eviction Services

  • Registered Unlawful Detainer Assistants, prepare all court forms, file, and serve, all occupants. If the other party responds you can represent yourself in court or hire one of our cooperating attorneys.


Superior Court Filing Fees

  • Individual Owner
  • $240
  • Writ Of Possession
  • $40
  • Sheriff Lockout Fee
  • $145

Lockout Agent

  • Includes meeting the sheriff at the property the day of the lockout and changing all the locks.




Do You Want To Be Represented In Court?

Cooperating Eviction Attorney $389

Includes 2 Hour Trial Appearance

From start to finish, we prepare and file all the necessary forms for an uncontested eviction and unlawful detainer. Above all we prepare all the trial documents, if the case must be set for trial. You also have the option to hire a cooperating attorney, within our attorney referral network, to represent you in court or you can choose to represent yourself in court, should the eviction become contested. Fee above includes a 2 hour trial appearance. Attorney’s rates may vary depending on location or circumstance.


Local Eviction Specialists, 10+ Years In Business, and Affordable Rates.

Uncontested Eviction Price Includes: Preparing, Court Filing Service, and Up to 5 Attempts to Serve All Tenants and Unnamed Occupants for Premise Only.
There may be an additional fee of $99, added to your service request, if required by our court server. If we must apply for an Order to Post, there is an additional $139 fee.

Terminate Tenancy

This can be done many different ways, depending on the circumstances. Terminate the Tenancy by preparing and serving a 3 Day Notice To Pay Rent Or Quit, 15 Day Notice To Pay Rent Or Quit, 30 Day Notice, 60 Day Notice, 90 Day Notice, or 120 Day Notice. Serve the tenants properly, with the correct notice, and once the notice has expired the landlord can file a lawsuit for an Unlawful Detainer. Above all, we always highly recommend all landlords hire a professional to prepare and serve the notice to vacate.

A landlord should never rely on a notice that has not been prepared and served by a professional. It is very important that a landlord understands the negative impact a faulty notice to vacate can have on the entire eviction process. In most cases landlords will have to re-file the entire complaint and have to start the entire process all over again.
Even if a landlord is knowledgeable how to prepare the required court forms, they may not be up to date with current laws.

Hiring LDA PRO for Eviction Services, will save you time, money, and heartache!

California State Laws For Just Cause Eviction and Rent Cap.

The Tenant Protection Act of 2019, aka AB 1482. ("TPA") The COVID-19 Tenant Relief Act of 2020 ("CTRA") requires that residential tenants who are natural persons can only be evicted "for cause" whether or not the property is covered by or exempt from the TPA.

AB 1482, also called the Tenant Protection Act of 2019 Applies statewide rent control to specified properties. The new law affects both rent increases and just cause evictions. The COVID-19 Tenant Relief Act of 2020 ("CTRA") requires that residential tenants who are natural persons can only be evicted "for cause" whether or not the property is covered by or exempt from the TRA.

Rent Caps

The new law limits the amount that rent can be raised. It states that the rent increase for a 12-month period cannot exceed 5% + percentage change in the cost of living over the previous year’s Consumer Price Index. It also cannot exceed 10% total. Additionally, the landlord is prohibited from increasing the rental rate in more than two increments over a 12-month period. The gross rental rate will not include rent discounts or credits, incentives, or concessions. While gross rental rate is left undefined, it’s advised that any and all fees charged by the landlord (pet rent, utilities, or month to month fees) be included in the gross rental rate. To calculate the maximum allowable increase over the allowed 5%, refer to Civil Code §1947.12(g)(2) which reads:

“Percentage change in the cost of living” means the percentage change from April 1 of the prior year to April 1 of the current year in the regional Consumer Price Index for the region where the residential real property is located, as published by the United States Bureau of Labor Statistics. If a regional index is not available, the California Consumer Price Index for All Urban Consumers for all items, as determined by the Department of Industrial Relations, shall apply.”

Just Cause Provisions

Beginning on January 1st, 2020, California Civil Code 1946.2 states that after 12 months, a tenancy can only be terminated for a specific set of reasons.

Under the statewide law, there are two different types of of just cause eviction: At-Fault and No-Fault. Per local City and County rules, certain types of properties are exempt from just cause eviction rules. Most all single family residences are exempt. Multi family residences may be exempt, if property is outside of the city limits and built after 1994.

At Fault Reasons

For any curable just cause reason, you must give notice of a violation with an opportunity to cure such as 3 Day Notice to Pay Rent or Quit or a Notice to Perform or Quit.

Default in the Payment of Rent

Tenant fails to pay rent as stipulated in the lease agreement and any Notice to Pay Rent or Quit has expired. You can begin the unlawful detainer.

Breach of a Material Term of the Lease

As described in the Code of Civil Procedure §1161, subdivision 3, including (but not limited to) violation of a lease provision after being issued a written notice to correct the violation. If the condition is curable, such as removing an unauthorized pet or roommate, a Notice to Perform Covenant or Quit must be given.

Nuisance Activity or Waste

This is when the tenants are causing serious damage or harm to the property or common areas. It applies to neighboring units as well, i.e. if they are damaging surrounding areas and units or creating excessive noise and refusing to comply when asked. Further outlined in Civil Code 1161 subdivision 4, if the offense is curable, a Notice to Perform Covenant or Quit must be given.

Criminal Activity

Criminal activity or criminal threat by the tenant to the property, including any common areas, as defined in subdivision A of Section 422 of the Penal Code. Applies on or off the residential property, that is directed at any owner or agent of the owner of the residential real property.

Assigning or Subletting

If the tenant is subletting their room or unit and it is not allowed in the lease, they are subject to eviction. The same applies in the instance of assigning the lease (transferring the lease to another party).

Refusal to Provide Access

This occurs when you are trying to enter the home, whether it be for an annual inspection or to show the property for sale, and the tenant refuses access to the home, despite the notice they were given. Landlords are allowed to enter the home for a set list of reasons and if the tenant continually denies access despite getting written notice and they refuse to reschedule, their lease can be terminated.





Contact Us

    Skip to content